[WSIS CS-Plenary] UN Alliance on Closing Digital Divide Meets Next Week

Elizabeth Carll, PhD ecarll at optonline.net
Fri Sep 29 04:01:31 BST 2006

Dear All,

Francis posted the information re  "first-ever meeting at the
United Nations of the newly formed Global Alliance for Information and
Communication Technologies and Development <http://www.un-gaid.org>
(GAID) on September 27. "

Since Francis was kind enough to post the information and as I was at the UN
on Sept 27th,  I decided to stop in to see if I would be able to observe the
meeting.  Unfortunately, the meeting was closed and I was not permitted to
stay. I did have a chance to speak  briefly with Renate Bloem, who is a
member of the Alliance, who said she would post a summary of the meeting
very soon.  Hopefully, in the future, these types of meetings will be open
to observers.

Best regards,

Elizabeth

Dr. Elizabeth Carll
International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Communications Coordination Committee for the UN
Tel: 631-754-2424
Fax: 631-754-5032
ecarll at optonline.net