[Lac] Invitation to Participate and Call for Papers
Marcelo D'Elia Branco
marcelo at debian-rs.org
Tue Jul 12 21:50:50 BST 2005
De: World Forum on Information Society <wfis2005 at irfd.org>
Para: marcelo at debian-rs.org
This Forum is organized in view of the United Nations World Summit on
Information Society with the intention of contributing to the Tunis
Summit and its Preparatory Process...
Call for Papers and Invitation to Participate .
The International Research Foundation for Development is organizing the
second phase of its World Forum on Information Society to be held in
Tunis in November 2005 in view of the United Nations World Summit on the
Information Society - November 16-18, 2005. .
IRFD will also host an online virtual conference in association with and
prior to the World Forum in Tunisia.
We would like to invite all stakeholders to examine the relevant issues
and considerations pertaining to the information revolution and
knowledge society in a comprehensive and scientific manner with the goal
of finding solutions, sharing best practices and experiences, and
launching new action programs.
IRFD World Forum on Information Society
Digital Divide, Global Development and the Information Society
Phase Two: In view of the United Nations World Summit on the Information
November 14-16, 2005 at The Renaissance Tunis Hotel, La Marsa, Tunisia
2nd Abstracts Deadline: September 15th, 2005
Full Paper Deadline: September 30th, 2005
. . .
Session Themes of the World Forum
1) Knowledge Economy, Knowledge Management, and Information Society
2) Information Communication Technology, e-Commerce and Business
3) The Role of ICT in Economic Growth, and Socio-Economic Development
4) Information Science and Technology: Scientific Innovation and
5) Transfer of Information Technology and Knowledge: Development and
6) ICT for Small Island Developing States, Least Developed Countries,
Landlocked Developing Countries
7) Geographical Information System and Sustainable Information Society
8) Cities and Regions, and Community Empowerment in an Information Age
9) Information Society and e-Governance
10) Social Stratification and Digital Divide
11) Culture and Politics in an Information Age
12) Issues and the Role of Media in an Information Age
13) Digital Divide: Development Policies and Action
14) Digital Education, Distance Learning and Creation of Information
15) Financing Mechanism and International Cooperation for Information
16) Presentation of Case Studies: Best Practices and Experiences of ICT
application for Development
17) The Role of ICT in women's participation in development
Business Forum and IT Industry Presentation
IRFD invites the business community and IT industry to present and
showcase new products and services that have the capacity to enhance the
objectives of an equitable Information Society.
For further information on these events, click here to visit our
If you received this message in error, please accept our apologies. To
be REMOVED from this list, please send a message to wfis2005 at irfd.org
with "Remove" in the subject line.
. . .
The International Research Foundation for Development operates within
the framework of its Consultative Status with the Economic and Social
Council of the United Nations. The World Summit on the Information
Society is organized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
of the United Nations. The World Forum on Information Society: Digital
Divide, Global Development and the Information Society is organized by
the International Research Foundation for Development. All permissions
have been cleared for the use of logos and mention of accreditations and
endorsements. IRFD is a registered non-profit organization under section
501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Service of the United States Department
of the Treasury.
IRFD • 2830 S. Holly Street • Cambridge, MN 55008 USA •
wfis2005 at irfd.org • http://www.irfd.org
Projeto Software Livre Brasil
More information about the Lac